Monday, February 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

I am enjoying my impromptu day off (well, its a day NOT in the office, which for me is a day off as of late. . .). This week promises to be pretty brutal on the work front and seeing as how morale is just generally low all around me, I thought a random post about random funny, nice and/or fabulous things was in order.

1. My husband and I have a new dance-party-in-the-living-room song: "That's Not My Name," by The Ting Tings. If you had a bad day, play it super loud and dance around, hipster-style---its as good as Prozac for the soul.

2. Longer days---each day is a minute longer than the last right now and its amazing to slowly see the transformation from grim, ugly winter to bright, beautiful spring.

3. Today, I feel particularly thankful for WaWa coffee, decaf with french vanilla creamer. It was an amazing start to the day and it just smells wonderful.

4. The new Louis Vuitton collection. . .click here if you haven't seen the latest. I know, its a recession, but a girl can dream, can't she?

5. I made the bomb egg salad yesterday (6 eggs, with only three yolks, 2 teaspoons low fat mayo, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, a teaspoon of dill, black pepper, and salt, a little chopped red onion and a pinch of paprika) and there are leftovers for lunch today ;)

6. We officially started packing yesterday and I have actually packed four boxes already!!! Only 100 more to go!!!

7. I have two dozen red roses on the console table in my living room and they are just about perfect.

Okay...enough optimism for the day. The cynical Ru will be back later today with her rant about wedding etiquette for the hosts, a recipe for homemade chicken meatballs and her theory on why Big Love is the best show on television.

While I am at it, anyone have a good recipe for vanilla custard? Or a light, non-chocolate trifle---lots of berries are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. ask amish for his trifle recipe...its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete